Council has declared June 2017 as Seniors Month in the Municipality of Charlton and Dack. Council encourages all citizens to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of our seniors.
The Municipality has replaced our municipal marina and is accepting bids on the six old dock sections. If you are interested in putting in a bid please do so by submitting the Bidding form below in a sealed envelope.
Please note that bids will be accepted until June 12th, 2017 at 4pm.
Docks are as is where is and must be picked up by June 19th, 2017 or we will move onto the next bidder.
The docks can be viewed by visiting the Legion Parking Lot across from the boat launch.
If you have any questions contact the municipal office at 705-544-7525.
On Saturday May 20th, 2017, amnesty day, residential tipping fees for non-contaminated waste at the landfill are waived. Commercial waste is still subject to tipping fees. Please remember that fridges and freezers still have to be decommissioned before entering the landfill.
2017 SUMMER EXPERIENCE PROGRAM (SEP)
The Summer Experience Program Heritage Officer will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of events throughout the summer months. This Student position will be responsible for opening and closing the Heritage Centre each day, greeting visitors and assisting them with requests for information. The Student will be responsible for cataloging donated historical information as well as teaching residents computer skills and developing education programs.
Through this employment opportunity the student will learn the importance of our history and safe keeping of historical documents. Organization skills will be developed when cataloging documents and items in the centre and interpersonal skills will be developed when greeting visitors and running educational programs.
This position will provide full time employment between June 26th and August 21st, 2017 at minimum wage ($11.40/hr) at the Heritage Centre in the Town of Charlton.
Resumes and Cover Letters will be accepted during the posting period from May 10th to May 31st. Please send your application (paper or electronic) to Dan Thibeault at the Municipality of Charlton and Dack. Interviews will be conducted in the weeks following May 31st.
- Dan Thibeault
- Clerk Treasurer CAO
- Municipality of Charlton and Dack
- 287237 Sprucegrove Road
- Englehart, ON P0J 1H0
To be eligible for this position you must fulfill the criteria below. Please indicate your eligibility in your application:
· All students must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation and have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment (or up to 29 years for persons with a disability, if disabled, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code, T.S.O.1990, c. H.19, as amended time to time).
· Proof of student enrolment must be provided
· Students must be residents of Ontario during the period of employment
· Students must be eligible to work in Canada and have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
· Students should be living in Ontario at the time they start work
- The Ontario Summer Experience Program 2017 is a provincially funded program.
- The Municipality of Charlton and Dack is an equal opportunity employer.