The Municipality of Charlton and Dack are currently using a zoning by-law produced by Tunnock Consulting Ltd and adopted on May 13th, 2013.
If you are planning on building the Municipality will check any building permit to ensure it meets with our Zoning requirements.
Steps to Review:
1. Click below to look at the map of your property.
2. From the map determine what your property is currently zoned (ie. Residential, Rural etc)
3. Click on the Zone Classification that corresponds to your property.
4. Review the allowable uses and zone requirements.
5. If you cannot meet the requirements you will have to apply for an amendment.
For any questions regarding planning, please ask at the Municipal Office.
- R1 - Low Density Residential Zone
- R2 - Medium Density Residential Zone
- R3 - Apartment Residential
- I - Institutional Zone
- C1 - General Commercial Zone
- C2 - Tourist Commercial Zone
- C3 - Highway Commercial
- M1 - General Industrial
- M2 - Heavy Industrial
- M3 - Railroad Industrial
- M4 - Waste Management
- M5 - Mineral Aggregate Resource
- OS - Open Space
- R - Rural
- A - Agriculture
- Natural Hazards Overlay