The Corporation of the Municipality of Charlton and Dack owns and operates three cemeteries, which are registered with the province under the Cemeteries Act.

Our cemeteries are: Charlton and District Public Cemetery, Brentha Cemetery and St. Stephen’s Cemetery.



The Charlton and District Public Cemetery

The Charlton and District Public Cemetery was first established around 1905 and is located in the town of Charlton.  Since the Charlton town fire in 1922 the cemetery has twice been expanded developing approximately 600 burial plots. 

In 2006, a Memorial Wall was erected providing space for those who choose to have a memorial plaque installed in memory of their loved ones. Whether, one is cremated or buried in Charlton a memorial plaque will honor them as well as those lost in the war, or just a friend that visited the area and always wanted to return.

For further information on how to purchase your memorial plaque please contact the Municipal Office.


The Brentha Cemetery

Located on Brentha Road in Dack Township, The  Brentha Cemetery was developed on land that was donated by the LaCarte family around 1906.  Today, Brentha  Cemetery  has approximately  500 burial plots.

For further information please contact the Municipal Office.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~murrayp/timiskam/dack/brentha/index.htm


St. Stephen’s Cemetery 

The St. Stephen's Cemetery is the only Catholic Cemetery in the Municipality of Charlton and Dack.  The cemetery was first developed on donated land around 1903. The Cemetery is located near the Charlton Fair Grounds.  The property was also expanded with the passing of By Law# 121.  

For further information please contact the Municipal Office.